Sunday, March 7, 2010

Russian Kotlety (ground turkey or beef cutlets)

This is my pickiest child's favorite dinner. It is my russian mother-in-law's recipe. Measurements are very approximate and you can get creative with adding whatever veggies you have on hand. Great way to get the spinach in a picky kid!


Mix together:

1 lb. ground turkey/beef/chicken

1/2 cup milk (I use rice milk)

1/2 cup bread crumbs (or you can soak 1-2 pieces bread/rolls in the milk, then squeeze them and crumble them - for GF, just use GF bread or just add a little GF flour!)

1/2 cup or more of chopped spinach &/or grated carrots/other veggie of your choice

chopped onion or onion powder

1 egg or egg sub

Shape this mixture into palm-shaped patties and dredge the patties in flour (I've used corn meal too). Then, fry them in approved vegetable oil. They're really good with a side of potatoes and some cole slaw (my kids won't eat the cole slaw).

No comments:

Post a Comment