Thursday, April 1, 2010

Egg Hunt Cupcakes

These are the cupcakes I'm sending to school with my son tomorrow. They are having an egg hunt in the morning. They turned out so cute! Thanks to the other mom in his class who gave me the idea - she's bringing cupcakes with green coconut & hidden jelly beans on top. This is my natural version. I could have tinted coconut green with the chlorophyl too, but my son would not have eaten the coconut. I made the cupcakes from a Feingold approved chocolate cake mix (yes, a box!). And the frosting is basic buttercream frosting. Only, instead of the typical 2 Tbsp of milk, I used 1 Tbsp liquid chlorophyl and 1 T milk. The jelly beans are all natural, of course.

Green Buttercream Frosting

1/3 cup room temperature butter (I use soy margarine for my milk intolerant son)
3 cups powdered sugar
1 Tbsp liquid chlorophyl
1 Tbsp milk (I used rice milk)
2 tsp vanilla extract

Cream butter and sugar, then gradually add vanilla, then chlorophyl & milk until frosting is the right consistency. (You may not need all the liquid)

No comments:

Post a Comment