Thursday, April 15, 2010

Homemade Guacamole

Yummmm! I love guacamole! One year Michael won an awards trip at work to the Mayan Riviera in Mexico. It was a wonderful place. But, one of the things I loved the most about that trip was sitting by the pool and having access to endless chips and guacamole and a cold drink. Sometimes I try to pretend I'm there for a few minutes when I make this. Then, someone yells for me and it's back to reality.

Homemade Guacamole

2 ripe advocados mashed (they're ripe when they are slightly soft when you squeeze on them)
2 medium tomatoes diced (you can leave them out for stage 1)
1 medium onion chopped -OR- 1/2 tsp onion powder
1 clove garlic finely chopped -OR- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
2 Tbsp finely chopped cilantro
2 Tbsp lime or lemon juice -OR-1 freshly squeezed lime or lemon
1/2 tsp salt

Slice avocados down the middle and pull them apart. Remove the seed and scoop out the inside with a spoon. Mix remaining ingredients. Cover and chill to combine the flavors...or eat right away if you can't wait!

Notice in the ingredients list that I give options for using fresh ingredients -OR- their equivalent. It's faster to use the powdered onion and garlic and it really doesn't make a huge difference in my opinion. You can also add chopped jalapeno chiles if you like it spicy (remember those would be stage 2 FG).

No comments:

Post a Comment