Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Homemade Pop Tarts, Cheesy Crackers & Graham Crackers

I have these three things on my list to make for the kids when I have time. This week is VBS so it won't be this week!

These pop tarts from Smitten Kitchen look delicious & pretty easy (especially if you have a food processor to mix the dough in!). Just a note, nutella has fake vanilla, so if you want a chocolate filling, just melt some chocolate chips in the microwave. I have seen some new chocolate hazelnut spread in the organic section of Kroger that has real vanilla (and is very expensive!).

Lisa from 100 Days of Real Food blog has a really easy cheesy cracker recipe that I want to try. You can cut out little shapes (like fish) if you feel like it, or just make circles!

And, finally, in the comments to that cheesy cracker post I found a recipe for graham crackers that I'm going to have to try. I'm hoping it's easy & will save me some money on buying graham crackers for making s'mores at our backyard bonfires! If you want that graham cracker recipe, just scroll down in the cheesy crackers post to the comments and not far down you'll see it. It was posted by someone named Sheri.

No comments:

Post a Comment