Monday, February 15, 2010

Grilled Chicken for Lunch

Today is Monday. The day of the week where all moms start thinking - what am I going to feed them this week?! This morning I grilled 3 pounds of chicken breast for the week. Below is the recipe for my favorite marinade for grilled chicken that I plan to use in salad. It is super easy, very flavorful and works great in your typical lunch salad. We love it with feta and either a balsamic vinagrette or goddess dressing. The kids like it too, but not in a salad. They take it in their lunch in chunks and I make it a "lunchable" lunch by adding chunks of cheese, pear slices, pretzels, hummus & chips...basically finger foods. I use Harvestland Chicken Breasts because they are antibiotic and hormone free and are only $3.33/lb at BJ's. They're sold frozen and individually wrapped in plastic, so they're easy to thaw quickly. I just fill the sink with hot water and throw them in there. They thaw out in about 30 minutes or less.

Garlic & Thyme Grilled Chicken

3 lbs chicken breasts
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup white wine vinegar (or plain white vinegar for stage 1 FG)
1 Tbsp dried thyme
6 cloves minced garlic (I like to grate the garlic on my handheld grater - it's easier than chopping)
salt & pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients (except chicken) in a shallow, glass baking dish. I usually cut my chicken breasts in half if they are large. Add chicken and toss to coat. Leave chicken in marinade as long as you want. I sometimes grill it almost immediately and it still retains the flavor very well. Grill and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hey I need to get some of these chicken breasts next time you go. Sam's doesn't carry this:(

    ReplyDelete