Friday, July 8, 2011

Homemade Frozen Yogurt

Ok, so Pinkberry is delicious! We love it. And, last time I checked the ingredients in their yogurts are pretty natural, except I wish they didn't use dextrose (corn sweetener) in it. They also offer fruit, nuts & natural "organic" gummi bears for toppings. Another plus for Pinkberry. However, taking a family of 5 out for frozen yogurt at Pinkberry is very expensive!! So, I decided to figure out how to make it myself.

It is incredibly easy!

Mix together:
1 large container of yogurt
(I used a 32 oz container of Dannon natural plain yogurt which is only $2.99 regularly)
1 cup (I used a little less) of white sugar or your sweetener of choice
1 tsp vanilla

Some say you should put this mixture back in the fridge for a few hours. I didn't. I just mixed it really well so that the sugar wasn't grainy & put it right in my ice cream maker. I turned it on & voila! About 30 minutes later I had frozen yogurt! I also did a large container of O Soy & Co. soy yogurt this way & it turned out equally yummy. (husband is lactose intolerant). If you haven't been to Pinkberry you should know that this frozen yogurt is tart & tastes more like yogurt than ice cream. But, if you or the kids don't like the tartness that much, just mix in some chocolate syrup, pureed fruit or other such sweet mix-in & it will cover most of the tartness. I like mine with strawberry puree & chocolate chips!

Pinkberry for my family would run us about $20 or more.
I can do it homemade for $2.99!

No comments:

Post a Comment